Orthodoxy in Dialogue is published and edited as an independent doctoral student project. We have never been formally affiliated with any ecclesiastical or academic entity. This allows us maximum editorial freedom to manage our own content and policies. In our first seven months we have had over 83,000 visitors from 143 countries on every continent. In under four months we ranked among the top 60 Orthodox blogs worldwide.
We are looking for two or three individuals anywhere in the world to join our team of editors. You should be:
- A doctoral student in any field, provided that you can bring your studies and Orthodox Christianity into conversation with each other
- Passionately committed to Orthodox, ecumenical, and interfaith dialogue on an unlimited range of topics
- Comfortable engaging with points of view that differ from your own
- Able to commit 1-3 hours per week to your editorial duties
- Capable of writing at an academic level in English
- Free to put in at least an occasional appearance in Orthodoxy in Dialogue’s discussion group on Facebook
It is not expected that you agree with everything that we have published or will publish. (We don’t agree with everything that we have published or will publish.)
Before contacting us you should peruse all of the pages in the above menu to familiarize yourself completely with what we have done to date.
Send an email of interest from your academic email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of the school and program in which you are enrolled, where you are in the program, your main theological interests, and the topic of your dissertation if you know it.
Every attempt will be made to provide additional details of our expectations within a few days.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR CONTACTS WHO MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS