Note: This call for editors was revised on January 12, 2019.
Orthodoxy in Dialogue is published and edited as an international forum for Orthodox Christian engagement with the contemporary world. Having never been formally affiliated with any ecclesiastical or academic entity, we retain maximum editorial freedom to manage our content and policies. In our first seventeen months we surpassed ¼-million views from 180 countries on every continent. By our fourth month we ranked among the top Orthodox websites worldwide.
We are looking for two or three individuals anywhere in the world to join our team of editors. You should be:
- Deeply interested and reasonably knowledgeable in Orthodox Christianity, whether or not you are Orthodox yourself
- A graduate student (master’s or doctoral) in any field, or already in possession of a graduate degree and working in academia, provided that you can bring your studies and Orthodox Christianity into conversation with each other
- Passionately committed to Orthodox, ecumenical, and interfaith dialogue on an unlimited range of topics
- Comfortable engaging with points of view that differ from your own
- Able to commit 1-3 hours per week to your editorial duties
- Capable of writing at an academic level in English
- Free to put in at least an occasional appearance in Orthodoxy in Dialogue’s discussion group on Facebook
It is not expected that you agree with everything that we have published or will publish. (We don’t agree with everything that we have published or will publish.)
Before contacting us you should peruse all of the pages in the above menu to familiarize yourself completely with what we have done to date.
Send an email of interest from your academic email account to email@example.com. Include the name of the school and program in which you are enrolled, where you are in the program, your main theological interests, and the topic of your thesis or dissertation if you know it. If you already have your degree, describe your current involvement in academia.
Every attempt will be made to provide additional details of our expectations within a few days.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR CONTACTS WHO MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
103 thoughts on “WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR EDITORIAL TEAM?”
Pingback: WHITE SUPREMACY IN THE CHURCH: A PROBLEM OF LITURGICAL THEOLOGY by Grant White | ORTHODOXY IN DIALOGUE
Pingback: MOSCOW BREAKS COMMUNION WITH CONSTANTINOPLE | ORTHODOXY IN DIALOGUE
Pingback: THREE OPPORTUNITIES AT ORTHODOXY IN DIALOGUE IN 2019 | ORTHODOXY IN DIALOGUE
Comments are closed.