Metropolitan Joseph (Al-Zehlaoui) and Archpriest Josiah Trenham of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese
Orthodoxy in Dialogue’s publication earlier this week of An Open Letter to Metropolitan Joseph: Stop. Trenham. Now. by a clergyman of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese (AOCA) represents the culmination of several articles in which we have voiced our opposition to Father Josiah Trenham’s alarmingly harmful, misogynistic, homophobic, inhumane, anti-Orthodox, and sacrilegious “teaching,” “preaching,” “pastoring,” and even “liturgical practices.”
Our earlier articles, in chronological order, are as follows:
- Father Josiah Trenham and the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Priests & Partners in Homophobia
- Priest to Priest: An Open Letter to Fathers Damick, Farley, Jacobse, Parker, and Trenham
- Tolerance Tyrants, Lavender Mafia, Homofascists, and Rainbow Radicals (Note where the applause reported by the SPLC in response to Father Trenham’s citation of Sharia law has been very obviously edited out of the video.)
- “The Good Wife” According to Father Josiah Trenham: Does Metropolitan Joseph Approve?
- St. Tikhon’s Seminary, Millstones, and Sharks: Unanswered Questions
- Editorial: The “Morality” of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese?
After Sexuality and Gender and Ukraine, our articles on Father Trenham’s pastoral malfeasance comprise our most popular topic: cumulatively—together with Sunday’s Open Letter—they have been read 20,000 times around the world.
Following the advice of the clergy author of Sunday’s Open Letter that everyone should contact the Metropolitan, we sent the following letter to His Eminence this past Monday, January 13, with a cc to hierarchical assistant Father Nicholas Belcher, Father Josiah Trenham, and John Maddex and Bobby Maddex of Ancient Faith Ministries: Read More