We need your help.
Although we have repeatedly contacted approximately fifty Orthodox bishops and/or their chancellors since January 31, 2018, as well as St. Vladimir’s, Holy Cross, St. Tikhon’s, and Holy Trinity Seminaries—as recently as today—we have not had a whisper of a response from anyone, either direct (such as replies to our emails or something for us to publish) or indirect (such as anything on the websites of the Assembly, any individual jurisdiction, or any individual diocese).
In addition to our several attempts to contact them directly, many bishops and seminary officials and faculty members are subscribed to Orthodoxy in Dialogue. This means that they receive an email notification every time we publish a new article, letter, or editorial.
None can plead ignorance.
Please forward the link for this post to every Orthodox bishop, national and diocesan chancellor, and seminary official and faculty member in your list of Facebook and email contacts. Share this post also on your Facebook timelines, in your Orthodox Facebook groups, and on your Twitter accounts.
As you can see below, Orthodoxy in Dialogue has been advocating for racial justice within and beyond the Orthodox Church since our very first published post, even before our official launch date of August 22, 2017.
We will soon surpass 100,000 visitors from ¾ of the world’s countries. The mainstream media will soon connect the dots that link American neo-Nazism to the Orthodox Church in the US. We cannot take false comfort in today’s sudden collapse of the Traditionalist Worker Party (as reported here), for the demonic ideology that fueled it lives on. We must address this issue in a fully public and transparent manner—for the life and future of our Orthodox Church in North America and beyond.
- Open Letter to Our Beloved Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America (8/16/17)
- Response to Racist Violence in Charlottesville, VA (8/18/17)
- Editorial: Our Response to the Assembly of Bishops (8/20/17)
- Immigrants, Cows, and the Gospel (1/1/18)
- White Supremacy in the American Orthodox Church: An Open Letter to the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the United States of America (1/22/18)
- Letter to the Editors (1/24/18)
- Hate Group’s Matt Parrott Responds to Our Open Letter (1/25/18)
- Orthodox Christianity and White Supremacy in Its Own Words (1/27/18)
- Open Letter Delivered to the Bishops (1/31/18)
- To Our Seminaries: White Supremacy in Our Midst (2/8/18)
- National Socialism = Nationalsozialismus = Nazism: Our Bishops and Seminaries Must Respond Now (2/9/18)
- The American Orthodox Church: A Haven for Potential Murderers? (2/14/18)
- Culture Wars and the Orthodox Church (2/16/18)
- White Supremacists Base Their Ideology on Their Understanding of Harakas, Stăniloae (2/19/18)
- Orthodox Facebook Group Posts Anonymous White Supremacy Denial (2/19/18)
- Neo-Nazis vs. Metropolitan Savas (Zembillas) (2/20/18)
- Deafening Silence: Week Five (2/25/18)
- Orthodox Christian Clergy Against Racism? (2/27/18)
- Orthodox Christian Clergy Against Racism: Some Additional Thoughts (3/1/18)
- The Three-Barred Orthodox Cross in the News (And It’s Not Good) (3/5/18)
- It’s Orthodox to Hate Jews (and Other Gems) (3/10/18)
- A Response to the Orthodox Clergy Condemnation of Nationalism (3/10/18)
- Interracial Marriage and Church Doctrine (3/11/18)
- Dear Bishops and Seminary Administrators: Say. Something. Now. (3/14/18)
- Getting Through to Our Bishops and Seminaries: Can You Help? (3/14/18)